You can use these views to understand the immediate and downstream effects of decisions that span potentially complex interrelated factors. Consistent snapshots of business performance are provided in enterprise-class reports and independently assembled dashboards based on trusted information. As a result, non-technical and technical business intelligence (BI) users and IT alike can respond quickly to rapidly changing business needs.
Cognos Business Intelligence provides capabilities designed to provide:
- Faster time to answers about business from highly visual, interactive dashboards without lengthy deployment delays
- Easier access to game-changing insights with interactive data visualizations that enable you to more easily identify performance issues and apply corrective actions
- Smarter decisions that drive a better outcome from snapshots of business performance
- Trusted data for more consistent decisions without data drift or duplication
- Flexible cloud and on-premise deployment options that can grow as your business grows and help you meet diverse organizational requirements
Faster time to answers
- BI users: Assemble your own performance-based dashboards for quick answers to your business questions and insights into rapidly-changing business conditions.
- BI users: Discover key data points that can help you explore the root causes of business performance issues.
- IT: Increase your efficiency and responsiveness by empowering BI users to create their own dashboards based on assets you govern.
- IT: Access larger amounts of diverse data without compromised performance for greater user satisfaction.
- IT: Speed the test and development of new applications and simplify upgrades and patch management.
Easier access to game-changing insights
- BI users: Use interactive visualizations in your dashboards and reports to more easily pinpoint and demonstrate trends and highlight data outliers.
- BI users: Access and interact with BI dashboards and reports on your smartphone or tablet for decision-making wherever you happen to be.
- IT: Incorporate customizable visualizations more easily into BI content so BI users can create reports and dashboards that meet their unique organizational requirements.
- IT: Choose your preferred environment and still securely and easily deliver BI reports and dashboards to industry-leading smart phones and tablets.
- IT: Improve your productivity with rapid deployment of a complete BI environment.
Smarter decisions that drive a better outcome
- BI users: Take advantage of a single common workspace for smarter decisions and better performance.
- BI users: Discover previously unknown relationships and analyze 'what-if' scenarios for more informed decision-making.
- BI users: Understand what is likely to happen in the future by using key predictive indicators.
- IT: Capitalize on a powerful BI platform that incorporates one of the broadest sets of BI capabilities available to meet the needs of all BI users in one common interface.
- IT: Enable analysts to create predictive models based on historic and current BI data and distribute the results to any BI user by integrating with a world-class predictive analytics solution.
Trusted data for consistent decisions
- BI users: Create and share trusted information based on a consistent definition of data.
- BI users: Share insights and collaborate with partners/customers without compromise to security
- IT: Meet the data governance and control your organization requires with a robust semantic data layer that enables a universal definition of data.
- IT: Provide the data consistency and accuracy needed for key business decisions.
- IT: Deliver a well-managed data sandbox, for freedom of experimentation with control.
Flexible cloud and on-premise deployment options
- BI users: Make decisions and understand performance wherever you happen to be with desktop, web, mobile or cloud access to BI.
- BI users: Harness more value within data and OpEx budgets with greater cost predictability and growth flexibility.
- IT: Deploy one BI capability at a time and add additional capabilities in the future as required so no BI asset (report, dashboard and analysis) is left behind as your organization's requirements expand.
- IT: Provide your organization with an extensive view of their business with support for big data sources that includes Hadoop, analytic data stores and real-time streaming data.