Know the past, understand the present, shape the future.
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence turns data into past, present and future views of your organization’s operations and performance so your decision makers can capitalize on opportunities and minimize risks.
You can use these views to understand the immediate and downstream effects of decisions that span potentially complex interrelated factors. Consistent snapshots of business performance are provided in enterprise-class reports and independently assembled dashboards based on trusted information. As a result, non-technical and technical business intelligence (BI) users and IT alike can respond quickly to rapidly changing business needs.
Cognos Business Intelligence provides capabilities designed to provide:
- Faster time to answers about business from highly visual, interactive dashboards without lengthy deployment delays
- Easier access to game-changing insights with interactive data visualizations that enable you to more easily identify performance issues and apply corrective actions
- Smarter decisions that drive a better outcome from snapshots of business performance
- Trusted data for more consistent decisions without data drift or duplication
- Flexible cloud and on-premise deployment options that can grow as your business grows and help you meet diverse organizational requirements
Faster time to answers
- BI users: Assemble your own performance-based dashboards for quick answers to your business questions and insights into rapidly-changing business conditions.
- BI users: Discover key data points that can help you explore the root causes of business performance issues.
- IT: Increase your efficiency and responsiveness by empowering BI users to create their own dashboards based on assets you govern.
- IT: Access larger amounts of diverse data without compromised performance for greater user satisfaction.
- IT: Speed the test and development of new applications and simplify upgrades and patch management.
Easier access to game-changing insights
- BI users: Use interactive visualizations in your dashboards and reports to more easily pinpoint and demonstrate trends and highlight data outliers.
- BI users: Access and interact with BI dashboards and reports on your smartphone or tablet for decision-making wherever you happen to be.
- IT: Incorporate customizable visualizations more easily into BI content so BI users can create reports and dashboards that meet their unique organizational requirements.
- IT: Choose your preferred environment and still securely and easily deliver BI reports and dashboards to industry-leading smart phones and tablets.
- IT: Improve your productivity with rapid deployment of a complete BI environment.
Smarter decisions that drive a better outcome
- BI users: Take advantage of a single common workspace for smarter decisions and better performance.
- BI users: Discover previously unknown relationships and analyze “what-if” scenarios for more informed decision-making.
- BI users: Understand what is likely to happen in the future by using key predictive indicators.
- IT: Capitalize on a powerful BI platform that incorporates one of the broadest sets of BI capabilities available to meet the needs of all BI users in one common interface.
- IT: Enable analysts to create predictive models based on historic and current BI data and distribute the results to any BI user by integrating with a world-class predictive analytics solution.
Trusted data for consistent decisions
- BI users: Create and share trusted information based on a consistent definition of data.
- BI users: Share insights and collaborate with partners/customers without compromise to security
- IT: Meet the data governance and control your organization requires with a robust semantic data layer that enables a universal definition of data.
- IT: Provide the data consistency and accuracy needed for key business decisions.
- IT: Deliver a well-managed data sandbox, for freedom of experimentation with control.
Flexible cloud and on-premise deployment options
- BI users: Make decisions and understand performance wherever you happen to be with desktop, web, mobile or cloud access to BI.
- BI users: Harness more value within data and OpEx budgets with greater cost predictability and growth flexibility.
- IT: Deploy one BI capability at a time and add additional capabilities in the future as required so no BI asset (report, dashboard and analysis) is left behind as your organization’s requirements expand.
- IT: Provide your organization with an extensive view of their business with support for big data sources that includes Hadoop, analytic data stores and real-time streaming data.