Financial reporting and process automation
IBM® Cognos® Disclosure Management is a secure, collaborative, enterprise-scalable reporting and process automation solution that enables users to merge enterprise data with focused narrative analysis in a controlled, auditable environment. It enables organizations both large and small from multinationals to midsize companies to automate the collection of data in a single, dynamic reporting and analysis solution.
Multiple participants in different departments can collaborate in the assembly of complex reports, working independently while ensuring that proper controls and approvals are in place. Cognos Disclosure Management provides integrated tagging to use on various regulatory filings and can create extension taxonomies with pivot based navigation for easy review.
- Enterprise disclosure management—Combine financial data from a variety of sources with in-depth narrative analysis for internal and external reporting across any department.
- Financial management process automation—Replace time-consuming manual processes with intelligent process design and automation.
- Security, control and governance—Manage documents in a collaborative yet secure environment with visibility into the report generation process.
- Multi-jurisdictional XBRL support—Enable multi-national organizations to use a single reporting/tagging solution.
- Cloud-based deployment—Provide all the functionality of the on-premise solution plus the capability for mobile access and collaboration through the IBM Concert interface.
Enterprise disclosure management
- Marry qualitative narrative analysis with enterprise data for internal operational reports, presentations and external disclosures.
- Improve data integrity by integrating with a wide array of data sources, including cubes (OLAP) and relational tables (such as general ledger or data warehouse tables), as well as IBM Cognos Express IBM Cognos TM1 and IBM Cognos Business Intelligence.
- Provide midsize companies or departments with an efficient, affordable solution to meet their reporting obligations with greater control and confidence–using Cognos Disclosure Management Express.
Financial management process automation
- Automate internal reporting such as management reports, operational reports, board books, and strategic plans and forecasts.
- Provide executive, financial and operational leaders with accurate, timely data and analysis to drive better, faster business decisions.
- Update reports automatically in real time through integration with corporate data sources.
Security, control and governance
- Enhance control over regulatory filings, global statutory and tax reporting, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and sustainability reporting, treasury management and other reports that are normally produced manually.
- Ensure a single version of the truth by bringing together any and all enterprise data, such as BI and performance management data, into reports in a single, scalable solution.
- Provide visibility and accountability in critical reports for management and business leaders in a variety of formats, including Microsoft PowerPoint presentations and Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF documents.
Multi-jurisdictional XBRL support
- Generate XBRL-tagged (Extensible Business Reporting Language) documents required for regulatory filings in GAAP and IFRS jurisdictions.
- Tag financial data and commentary once and have it automatically flow to future reports to support multiple compliance mandates simultaneously.
- Support industry-specific tagging requirements such as Basel III for banking and Solvency II for insurance, plus Common Reporting Framework (COREP) and Financial Reporting Framework (FINREP) mandated by the European Banking Authority (EBA).
- Create extension taxonomies and pivot based navigation to ensure easy review of XBRL documents. Create XBRL facts from Microsoft Office based objects comprising a report.
- On-premise or on-cloud enterprise disclosure management solution that lets you choose the best delivery mechanism for your corporate environment—without sacrificing capabilities or limiting future deployment options.
- On-cloud enterprise disclosure management that allows data integration with on-premise data sources.
- Collaboration capabilities and mobile access when deployed through the IBM Concert interface.