IBM Cognos Insight delivers outstanding data interactivity, analysis and visualization capabilities to individual desktop users.
- Import, merge and analyze data on your desktop, including personal files, historical business intelligence, databases and more.
- Build custom dashboards and applications without scripting to see data in a way that makes sense to you and your business.
- Optimize outcomes through what-if analysis any time – even when you are not connected to a server.
- Create compelling visualizations to help you deliver insights in the most meaningful and understandable way for your role or organization.
- Support collaboration and action at the team or enterprise level – share applications independently or publish your work to a Cognos server.
- Choose business analytics that grows with you – Cognos Insight comes in three editions to meet the needs of individual users, workgroups and midsize organizations, and entire enterprises.
Import, merge and analyze any type of data
- Work with personal and corporate data, as well as trusted business intelligence (BI) data and reports without scripting. Connect to local files, databases, existing BI reports and even predictive data.
- Add to or revise existing data, and automatically apply changes across large data sets with powerful data spreading functions.
Create custom dashboards and applications without scripting
- Break down and examine data to view it in a way that makes the most sense to you or your business using your mouse to navigate.
- Use exception highlighting to compare and demonstrate exceptions in your data on the fly.
- Go from raw data to analysis and a published dashboard in as little as 60 seconds.
Optimize outcomes through what-if analysis
- Analyze and optimize your plans based on different assumptions that take into account ever-changing market conditions.
- Model best-case, worst-case and most-likely outcomes based on your key business drivers.
- Create custom rules that can be used to automatically perform comparisons or calculations.
Create compelling visualizations
- Create and share compelling visualizations that clearly communicate your analytic results.
- Control the look and feel of your analysis so you can deliver new insights in the most meaningful and understandable way.
- Choose from a rich set of chart types and predefined design themes to add style and visual appeal.
- Filter results based on the association between related groups of information, and apply simple search to drill down to a particular member in a set.
Support collaboration and action at the team or enterprise level
- Share and use applications built with Cognos Insight across a workgroup or throughout the enterprise.
- Publish insights to a Cognos server to provide users with access from a variety of mobile devices, including the Apple iPad, as well as through the web and Microsoft® Excel.
- Connect to an IBM Cognos TM1® planning application, conduct detailed what-if scenario modeling with both corporate and personal data, and write-back directly to the centrally managed plan.
Choose business analytics that grows with you
- Start with the free Cognos Insight Personal Edition, which has the tools you need to explore, analyze and visualize data from the convenience of your desktop. Download the Personal Edition at www.analyticszone.com (Link resides outside of ibm.com).
- When you need to share your insights and import data from multiple sources, upgrade to the Cognos Insight Standard Edition.
- License Cognos Insight with IBM Cognos Express or IBM Cognos Enterprise when you are ready to grow into broader capabilities, such as managed reporting and forecasting.